What do you think?

Join the rant..... What do you think?... Put your view out here for everyone to see. We're all in this together. Contact me at firemansforge@hughes.net, and speak up...
Your sarcasm can set you free.....

"IN A TIME OF UNIVERSAL DECEIT, TELLING THE TRUTH IS A REVOLUTIONARY ACT." - GEORGE ORWELL

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A comment by...."Epona" says ..."Football, I've finally had it."

I've been a football fan for over 30 years. I've finally had it.

Of course, its all about the money. Everyone knows that, but the fact that the Eagles took back -- and are celebrating -- Michael Vick, despite what he did is intolerable.

Yes, he served his time, but it was a slap on the wrist and shows young fans that its OK to do something that despicable and still be a star in football.

What Michael Vick did was torture and murder, and promoted torture and murder in others. I'm wondering, is there any crime SO heinous that the NFL would refuse the prospect of making a buck off it?

ARTICLE ON VICK:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-plaschke-20101117,0,5163298.column

The OTHER football issue that galls me is that the team of our nation's capital is called the Redskins -- a pejorative term if ever there was one.

I guess it doesn't matter to anyone in the NFL that the GENOCIDE of Native Americans in North America stands as THE MOST horrific in history -- topping Hitler and Stalin. What a slap in the face that must be for all the First People in this country! But, if the OWNERS and FANS want the name to stand, no reason for the governing body to stand up for the ETHICS of change.

The NFL is a bunch of "bubbas", and I'm fed up with the lot of them.

Do you care about these issues? Don't moan and wring your hands at the horror. You're on the internet right now! Go to the websites of the NFL and the Eagles and let them know how you feel. AND check their sponsors page and email them too. They all have "contact us" on their sites just BEGGING for you to write.

Money talks. Its the most important thing in our country, it seems. Write a form letter and send to all of them. Let them know you are pulling your financial support.

My letter to the NFL says, "I'm making it my personal crusade to make sure that everyone I know understands how I feel about Michael Vick's glorification by the Philadelphia Eagles. I am letting all the corporate sponsors know I will no longer support them."

When a particular corporation wrote back that they had sponsored the team for years and didn't take a position on issues between teams and players, I responded --
"This is not a issue between a corporation and a player. This is about ethical responsibility. Since corporations in the US have "personhood", as a "person" you can take a stand. Many corporations do on many issues, such as not testing products on animals or being green.

There are many, many choices in [this business] -- you are but one. There are millions of pet owners in the US who feel very strongly about this issue. There are also many parents who do not want to see this kind of hateful violent behavior trivialized by glorifying Michael Vick. I'm sure you can make the connection."

(Note: This post was sent in in response to "Remem ber Scoop Nisker?" Thanks to "Epona")

No comments:

Post a Comment